Here is part 2 like I promised! Click here for part 1! I don't know about you... but I always hate it when, after an event or situation, I'm like..."Man! Why didn't I think of that?"! Those "bang your head on the wall" moments are always so annoying! After my wedding, I remember thinking of several situations where I wish I had done things a little differently. They weren't a huge deal, but they would have been nice to have thought of sooner or include in my wedding day! Sometimes it's hard to think of everything, especially when it comes to something as detailed as a wedding! But guess what!?! Your wedding photographer can help with that! Your wedding photographer (whether it's me or someone else) has been to so many weddings and have seen the good, bad, and ugly! Your wedding photographer knows what to do, what not to do, and all kinds of little tips and tricks! In this post, I wanted to list a few more little tips and tricks that I have learned along the way that will hopefully be helpful!
1) Choose who sits at the table closest to the door wisely. They will most likely be in all of the entrance pictures during the reception
2) Ask the pastor or officiant to step to the side during the ceremony when it's time for you to kiss. That way he isn't right smack in the middle of your kiss and photos!
3) Make sure you know how to cut the cake before hand....or that there is someone on hand who knows how. Everyone always forgets about this for some reason and the couple always struggles with cutting the cake while everyone watches!
4) If it is raining outside or the grass is wet, don't fret about getting the hem and train of your dress wet! Keep a hair dryer on hand to dry it off when you're done with photos! And while you're at it, keep a Tide pen on hand too....just in case you need it!
5) Plan your hair and makeup trials on the same day. Then while you're all dolled up, go out on a fancy date or a girls night! Might as well! And remember to take lots of pics so that you are able to see what your wedding hair/makeup will look like in pics!
6) If it's supposed to rain on your wedding day, go ahead and buy some umbrellas that match your wedding colors! It will look super cute in photos! But even if you don't buy any, don't worry! Your photographer should have some clear or black umbrellas to use!
7) If you plan on having photos taken with extended family, make sure to tell them ahead of time exactly what time to be there (or to stay behind after the ceremony) and where the photos will be taking place. Being specific and communicating ahead of time will save you lots of chaos and waiting time.
8) Having an anniversary dance is a good way to get all the married couples out on the dance floor. It's so cute to see all the married couples dancing together and it's a great way to get people to dance! Anniversary dances also "breaks the ice" and the couples will tend to continue to dance afterwords! We did this at our wedding and I loved it!
9) Mention to your DJ and photographer that you would like a huge group photo at the reception. The DJ will announce it and ask everyone to come to the dance floor for a big group photo! It makes for a great memory....and it's something I wish I had done at my wedding!
10) About 2 weeks before your wedding, start avoiding the sun! The last thing you want to do is get a sunburn and unexpected tan lines. Going to the tanning bed should be fine, just go easy!